Planned Parenthood and Abortion
Did You Know? Planned Parenthood is Wisconsin’s and the Nation’s Largest Abortion Provider and Advocate
Here is what Planned Parenthood said in (circa) 1963:
“An abortion kills the life of a baby after it has begun. It is dangerous to your life and health. It may make you sterile so that when you want a child you cannot have it.”
The facts of creation of a baby haven’t changed – Planned Parenthood now chooses to deny them.
Planned Parenthood of Wisconsin (PPWI) operates three of Wisconsin’s five abortion clinics located in Milwaukee, Madison, and Grand Chute (near Appleton).
FACTS from Planned Parenthood of Wisconsin's 2010 Annual Report
- Performed 4,827 abortions (62% of Wisconsin abortions)
- Adoption Referrals Reported: None
- Prenatal Care Reported: None
The Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) is the largest abortion provider in the United States and the primary advocate for abortion in the Congress, the state legislatures and the courts.
Facts from Planned Parenthood Federation of America’s 2009 Annual Report
- Operates 860 abortion clinics in the United States.
- Performed 332,278 abortions in 2009, up 8% from 2007, taking in a minimum of $183.8 million for abortions performed.
- Almost doubled the number of abortions it performed in the twelve-year period from 1997 to 2009.
- Responsible for over 26.8% of all abortions performed nationwide.
- Provided prenatal services for 7,021 women (down from 9,440 in 2007).
- Referred only 997 for adoption (down from 2,405 in 2007).
- A $1 billion corporation.
- Received $363 million (33% of revenue) from “Government Grants and Contracts.” These are revenues from the pockets of taxpayers via federal, state and local governments.