The reality of the news media being “in the tank” for Planned Parenthood makes its love of Barack Obama pale in comparison. Thanks to National Right to Life News for documenting the number of lawsuits, reported nowhere in the mainstream media, piling up against Planned Parenthood affiliates for botched abortions. Here’s the tally:
- Michelle Marie Perreira filed suit against Planned Parenthood of Los Angeles in April 2007 alleging they had intimidated her into completing an abortion after she withdrew her consent.
- The mother of Edrica Goode filed suit in June 2007 against Planned Parenthood of Riverside, California following the death of Edrica from toxic shock after seaweed dilators were inserted to expand her cervix in preparation for a second trimester abortion. The suit alleges that the dilators spread a vaginal infection throughout her body.
- A wrongful death lawsuit was filed against Planned Parenthood of Los Angeles in February of 2002 after Diana Lopez died as a result of hemorrhage due to cervical perforation following her abortion.
- An unidentified Ohio teen sued Planned Parenthood of Southwest Ohio alleging that employees failed to notify authorities after she disclosed she was a victim of incest when she sought an abortion in November of 2004. Because no report was filed, the teen suffered another year and half of sexual abuse from her father.
- An unidentified woman sued Planned Parenthood of Alabama on behalf of her child who suffered injuries after the child survived an abortion attempt in June of 1999.
- Lorraine Thul filed suit against Intermountain Planned Parenthood in March of 2004 alleging that the abortionist perforated her uterus during a May 2002 abortion.
- The parents of Holly Patterson named Planned Parenthood Golden Gate in a lawsuit after the teen allegedly received the abortion drug RU 486 there in September of 2003 and died less than a week later of massive infection.
- The family of Hoa Thuy Tran sued Planned Parenthood of Orange and San Bernadino Counties along with the U.S. marketer of RU 486 saying she was not given warnings of risk or infection before dying of a rare infection in December of 2003, six days after the administration of the drug at Planned Parenthood’s Costa Mesa clinic.