Just how bad is Obamacare for the unborn and for taxpayers who do not want their federal dollars used to promote abortion? Judge for yourself:
- Under Obamacare, there is no ban on abortion funding. While some states can opt out of funding abortions under the plan, taxpayers in other states, like Wisconsin, will be forced to foot the bill for the abortions of any women decides to have one. Unless, of course, we elect a governor and additional state legislators in 2010 who will be willing to take the necessary action to opt out.
- Obamacare mandates that at least one health care plan offered across the country must pay for abortions with additional abortion funding in the form of “affordability credits.”
- The Obama Administration will be able to define abortion as “preventive care” and force insurance companies to pay for abortion.
- Obamacare provides millions in funding for Community Health Centers without any prohibition on the money going toward abortions.
- Obamacare pays for abortions under the Indian Health Services program.
- The so-called “limits” on abortion funding are temporary and could be overturned at any time … or simply allowed to expire.
- Obamacare pays for abortions under the Indian Health Service program.
- Obamacare violates the conscience rights of health care workers and facilities who do not want to participate in abortion by failing to offer any meaningful protection to them.
Obamacare is laden with abortion-funding provisions that reach into virtually every nook and cranny of our nation’s health care system. It is truly the greatest expansion of abortion and abortion funding since the tragic 1973 Roe v. Wade decision.