The National Right to Life Committee has issued an Action Alert regarding multiple abortion-related amendments to H.R. 1, the bill to fund all federal programs through September 30, 2011. Among the measures to receive a vote are the following:
- The Pence amendment which would deny all federal funds for the Planned Parenthood Federation of America and 102 PPFA affiliates which are named in the text of the amendment. National Right to Life sent a letter to House members urging a vote for the Pence Amendment that can be found here.
- An amendment which would restore the ban on government funding of abortion in the District of Columbia.
- An amendment to restore and codify the Mexico City Policy which prohibits federal funds from going to organizations overseas that provide or promote abortions.
- An amendment to block any additional U.S. funds from going to the UNFPA which for decades has been a cheerleader for, and an active participant in, China’s ruthless birth-quota system which relies on forced abortions.
- An amendment to prevent the expenditure of funds to rescind the Bush conscience-protection regulation.
Wisconsin Right to Life has forwarded the Action Alert to Wisconsin residents, urging them to contact their Congressmen.